In 2,000 municipalities where there are meetings of wolves and other emblematic species, settlements will be established with up to 15 conservationists-teleworkers that help develop the Information Society in dependent rural Spain capable of recovering threatened European fauna.
To the conservationists-temporary teleworkers from abroad would be joined by so other many Spanish, teleworkers and conservationists, breeders and officials to reconvert so that instead of costing money they produce it. Their tasks to perform are:
1. Track the wildlife, tracking the territory and with camera traps.
2. Retransmit to the world the experience of sharing the territory with european wildlife.
3. Recover the native flora by removing repopulation pines in perimeters equal to three times the height of the plants that have regrown.
4. Put protectors on naturally born seedlings to protect them from herbivores
5. Establish non-linear, wide-area firewalls with islands of vegetation that renature the landscape and are kept at bay by wild herbivores.
6. Introduction of wild herbivores (uros, tarpans, encephalos and bison) controlled with electric shepherds and promotion of small (deer, roe deer, wild boar and Spanish herd.
7. Use of branches and trunks of the retired pines, as well as predator-proof tubes, to build rabbits, hares and burrows of other species.
8. Make irregular crops of cereals that are not harvested to promote the populations of partridges, quails, pigeons and other granivorous birds.
9. Restore dry walls and traditional rural buildings that serve as a refuge for wildlife.
10. Restore ponds and wetlands to promote amphibian and waterfowl populations.
11. Plant wild fruit trees and flora characteristic of the area that does not return by itself.
12. Promote pollinator and invertebrate species in general.
13. Place artificial nests, Vulture Feeder and hacking stations to reintroduce raptors.
14. Prepare 14-seat safari vehicles for guided tours.
15. Placing billboards on streets crossing the reserves announcing their existence.
16. WEB page and social networks of the project. Materials to be installed in the territory to work in the exploitation of virtual tourism, equipping the teams with: photo-trapping cameras, satellite tracking, filming equipment, drones, optical material, observation hides, observation turrets, etc.
17. Collect and remove garbage and artificial elements in the landscape. Ensure the purity of the rivers.
The initiative takes its name from the International Brigades, an act of historical solidarity through which idealists from all over the world of opposing Neolithic ideologies came to Spain 80 years ago. The difference is that in the current call, alien to political ideologies, instead of coming willing to die, this time is invited to live, a full, exciting life, combining the activity that each can develop at a distance with the experience of recovering wild life and values of the primal man.